Ontario Cheese Society goes to the Warwick Cheese Festival
Friday, June 16 to Sunday, June 18, Warwick, Québec
Be part of the 25 explorers to partake in a weekend of cheese, new discoveries and merriment.
- Discover the cheese of 37 Quebec cheesemakers, all in one festive location.
- Enjoy cheese from the seven offered cheese plates and sandwiches at the Bistro Caseus.
- Observe culinary demonstrations by members of the Société des chefs, cuisiniers et pâtissiers du Québec.
- Taste regional food products, wine, beer and cider of the local terroir.
- Attend tutored cheese tastings by la Fédération des producteurs de lait du Québec (presentations in French).
- Listen to presentations by Pierre-Yves Chaput of Fromagerie de l'Alpage and Jocelyn Labbé of Fromagerie de l'Isle d'Orléans (presentations in French).
- Visit Fromagerie la Moutonière, an artisanal sheep cheesemaker.
- Meet other foodies and cheese lovers.
- Experience la joie de vivre!
Friday, June 16:
- 9 am departure from Yorkdale Shopping Mall parking lot (Toronto) in an air-conditioned mini-coach.
- Lunch en route.
- Group dinner at Fourquet Fourchette (Chambly, QC), experiencing the cuisine of Neuve-France, possibly matched to Unibroue's delicious beer. The menu consists of regional specialties including many in-house smoked dishes. The restaurant is located on the historic Richelieu River, a stone's throw away from Fort Chambly National Historic Site, an 18th century reconstructed French fort.
- Arrival at Motel Alouette (Drummondville).
Saturday, June 17:
- Room service continental breakfast at motel or at nearby 24 hour restaurant on own.
- 10:30 am Departure for Warwick Cheese Festival.
- 11 am Attend festival and its activities.
- Lunch on own.
- Group dinner at la Fromagerie Victoria (Victoriaville). Separate bills.
- Return to Motel Alouette.
Sunday, June 18:
- Room service continental breakfast at motel or at nearby 24-hour restaurant on own.
- 10 am Departure to visit Fromagerie La Moutonnière, one of Quebec's pioneering sheep cheesemaking companies. (Ste. Hélène-de-Chester).
- 11:30 am Depart for Toronto.
- Late lunch along the way.
- Estimated time of arrival at Yorkdale Shopping Mall 9:30 pm.
Price per person:
- $370 for Ontario Cheese Society members in good standing
- $370 for a partner of a participating Ontario Cheese Society member in good standing
- $450 for non-members (includes a one-year membership to The Ontario Cheese Society at the Enthusiast category)
- Return ground transportation in an air-conditioned mini-coach. Pack lightly. Storage of luggage is in overhead bins and below seats.
- Two nights accommodation, double occupancy.
- Taxes included.
Not included in price:
- $12 entrance fee to the festival
- Personal incidentals
This special roadtrip is for 25 participants only, registered and paid with the office administrator of the Ontario Cheese Society.
To register and pay
Please contact Denise at 905-945-3633 or 1-888-387-2317 to register and pay. Credit cards accepted. (Office hours, Mon-Fri). Call her right away to secure your place!
If you provide notice of cancellation to the Ontario Cheese Society office:
- ten days prior to departure, a full refund is reimbursed, minus $35 administration charge.
- seven days prior to departure, 75% refund reimbursement.
- three days prior to departure, no refund reimbursed.
Register right away to join us on this fun and delicious cheesy trip!