Gourmet Food & Wine Expo Tutored Tastings Program Highlights
The Tutored Tasting Program, in conjunction with Vintages, welcomes wine enthusiasts from novice through expert to expand their knowledge and appreciation of fine wine. Featuring 22 enlightening wine tasting sessions hosted by professional sommeliers, media personalities and LCBO produce consultants.
The Tutored Tasting Program schedule is posted on the Gourmet Food and Wine Expo website, www.foodandwineshow.ca. Tickets are on sale now.
Tasting session highlights include:
- Natalie MacLean explodes the myths of whether wine critics are too powerful and how to interpret their scored so that you can buy less-expensive, better-tasting wines.
- Christopher Waters introduces us to the winemakers responsible for some of Canada's best wines and reveals the stories behind the wines.
- Kevin Brauch, The Thirsty Traveller, will charm you with his wit and knowledge in this winespiritbeer-palooza.
- John Szabo and Zoltan Szabo take you on a global tour to discover the hottest values available today from the most exciting regions, winemakers and new classic grapes.
- Gordon Stimmell, Toronto Star wine critic, shares some of the secrets he looks for in a wine, no matter the price point.
These informative 90-minute classroom-style tasting sessions are open to the public. Many wines in the Tutored Tasting Program will be available for the first time in Canada and can be purchased at the on-site Vintages store. Tickets range from $49 to $150 per session, and include a general admission ticket to the expo ($15 value).
Gourmet Food & Wine Expo
November 2326, 2006
Metro Toronto Convention Centre
South Building, Exhibit Hall D
Thursday 610 pm
Friday 210 pm
Saturday 1210 pm
Sunday 126 pm
For more details: www.foodandwineshow.ca