Gourmet Food & Wine Expo Tutored Tastings program
Gourmet Food & Wine Expo
November 1518, 2007
Metro Toronto Convention Centre
South Building, Exhibit Hall D
222 Bremner Blvd., Toronto
Thursday 610pm (VIP)
The Tutored Tastings program hosted by the Gourmet Food & Wine Expo and Vintages welcomes wine enthusiasts from beginner through expert to increase their knowledge and appreciation of fine wine. Featuring 21 enlightening wine tasting sessions hosted by professional sommeliers, media personalities and LCBO Product Consultants, this year's sessions include a fabulous line-up of Chilean tastings. Sessions for this up-and-coming wine region are sure to be a crowd pleaser and will sellout fast.
The Tutored Tastings program schedule will be posted on the Gourmet Food & Wine Expo website (www.foodandwineexpo.ca) Tickets are on sale September 2007. "The Gourmet Food & Wine Expo, once again has a top notch line-up of sessions, presenters and wines in our Tutored Tastings program," says Shana Narciso-Evans, Show Manager. "Some of these wines are not readily available for tasting; this makes for a very unique Expo opportunity."
Tasting session highlights include:
- Peter Kynaston, LCBO Product Consultant, leads a once-in-a-lifetime vertical tasting opportunity of the legendary "Dominus."
- Peter Lopaty of Esprit Agency, new this year, hosts an exploration of the incredible variety of beers brewed in the tiny country of Belgium.
- Christopher Waters hosts Vines Wine School, and shares tips on navigating the world of wine with confidence and style.
- Kevin Brauch, The Thirsty Traveler, will entertain and share his finest drink discoveries in this WINESPIRITPALOOZA.
- John Szabo and Zoltan Szabo discover the hottest values available today from the most dynamic regions and exciting winemakers.
- Gordon Stimmell, Toronto Star wine critic, shares some of the secrets to finding wine treasures.
These informative 90-minute, classroom-style tasting sessions are open to the public. Many wines in the Tutored Tastings program will be available for the first time in Canada and can be purchased at the on-site LCBO store. Tickets range from $55 to $150 per session and include a general admission ticket to the expo ($15 value).