Santé 2003 Chubb Gala Awards
On December 11th I participated in a blind tasting to select ten wines
to be served at Santé's gala dinner on May 8th, 2003, at The Four
Seasons Hotel (Ballroom) in Toronto. The object of the exercise was to
select wines in different styles to match different courses. Here are
the winning wines. (For details on how to get tickets to the event, see
The following ten wines have been nominated by the 2003 Santé
Wine Festival Selection Committee for a Santé Chubb Gala Award
in the following classes:
- Deutz Brut Classic Champagne
Light/Medium Bodied White:
- Vieil Armand Tokay Pinot Gris 2000 Grand Cru Ollwiller
- Henry of Pelham 2000 Riesling Reserve
Medium/Full Bodied White:
- Cave Spring Chardonnay 1999 CSV
- E&J Gallo Chardonnay 1998 Estate
No wines merited a Chubb Gala Award
Medium/Full Bodied Red:
- Beringer Knight's Valley Alluvium Red 1998
- Errazuriz Cabernet Sauvignon 1999 Reserva
- Michele Castellani Amarone 1995 Campo Casalin "I Castei"
- Jackson Triggs Proprietors Grand Reserve Riesling Icewine 2000
- Chateau des Charmes Vidal Icewine 2000
The gala ticket price is $195.00 per person.
Tickets go on sale mid-January through Ticketmaster.
To reserve a place, send an email to email@example.com
to get your name on a waiting list.
Santé will contact you as soon as tickets are available.