Oh, Fudge! It's Valentine's! (February 14, 2017)
Valentine's Day is upon us, and uh oh... need to make something for my sweetheart, and FAST. We're in Mexico where lovely, ripe avocados abound, and of course Mexican chocolate is available everywhere! Wait... chocolate and avocado in the same sentence? You bet. We were looking at chocolates, and up came this sinfully rich and creamy combo made even better with the addition of Irish cream liquor!
It was developed for Allrecipes.com by Sarah, who said, "Although avocados seem like a strange ingredient for fudge, they give a great creamy texture to a decadent treat. I often give it as a gift for the holidays and no one can ever believe it's made with avocados!"
Missed Valentine's Day? Not to worry – this one can roll right on to
St. Pat's Day!
Avocado Irish Cream Fudge
- 2 medium, very ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Place the avocados and melted butter in a mixing bowl. Blend with an immersion blender until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Scrape the mixture into a saucepan and stir over low heat.
- Pour in the Irish cream and stir. Add the cocoa powder and stir until completely incorporated. Stir in the confectioners' sugar 1 cup at a time, making sure the sugar is completely incorporated and the mixture is smooth before adding the next cup.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate and white chocolate in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, for 1 to 3 minutes (depending on your microwave). Do not overheat or chocolate will scorch. Pour the melted chocolate into the sauce pan and mix thoroughly. Remove from the heat.
- Line a 9×11-inch pan with wax paper or foil sprayed with cooking spray. Pour the fudge mixture into the prepared pan. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Tony's wine recommendation:
Tawny port; Cabernet Franc Icewine
We wish to thank Allrecipes.com for permission to publish this recipe and photograph. © 2017 Allrecipes.com. All Rights Reserved. For more great recipes, go to allrecipes.com.
Download this article in printable form as an Adobe Acrobat PDF (114 kB)
Find more recipes with the recipe indexes by title and type
Happily enjoyed by Helen Hatton and Ron Morris.