Wine Quiz #1 (July 12, 2004)
Just to keep you sharp on your wine knowledge, I've decided to bring
you a monthly wine quiz. Here's the first. I'll post the answers next
- What does term 'ullage' refer to?
- Which of following is not a grape grown in the Bordeaux region?
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Cabernet Franc
- How many of Italy's provinces produce wine?
- The business end of a corkscrew is called:
- the steel
- the lever
- the helix
- the shaft?
- What volume of brandy is added to a pipe of port to fortify it?
- What is the only red wine grown in Alsace?
- What does the term Crémant refer to?
- What wine region still crushes and presses its best grapes by foot?
- What does DOCG stand for?
- What is the name of the largest bottle currently used for wine?