Wine Quiz #2 (August 10, 2004)
Here's the second in my monthly series of quizzes to test your wie knowledge.
Look for the answers next week!
- What is the major grape of the Northern Rhône?
- Which producer made the first commercially available Icewine in Canada?
- What does a riddler do in the cellar?
- Which of the following grapes is not used in the production of champagne:
Chardonnay, Pinot Blanc, Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier?
- What is a punt (in wine terms, not football) and what is its use?
- What's the difference between must and pomace?
- What is grappa made from?
- What does Meritage mean?
- What is the usual name for a grape the South Africans call Steen?
- To what does the French term veraison refer?