Wine Quiz #3 (September 7, 2004)
Here's the third in my monthly series of quizzes to test your wine knowledge.
Look for the answers next week!
- In which country would you find the wine region Rapel Valley?
- What do winemakers refer to as "potential alcohol"?
- Which of the following grapes produces red wine:
- Greco di Tufa
- What are "wine diamonds"?
- What region of New Zealand does Cloudy Bay come from?
- Is Recioto della Valpolicella:
- a sweet sparkling wine
- a light-bodied dry red
- a full-bodied sweet red
- an off-dry rosé
- What French wine is made by carbonic maceration (whole cluster fermentation
- Calvados is a distillation of:
- grape skins
- What are the grape varieties used in Château d'Yquem?
- Which of the following grapes is a hybrid and not vitis vinifera:
- Petit Verdot