Answers to Wine Quiz #3 (September 14, 2004)
- In which country would you find the wine region Rapel Valley?
- What do winemakers refer to as "potential alcohol"?
Residual sugar in the wine
- Which of the following grapes produces red wine:
- Greco di Tufa
- Xynomavro in Greece; the name translates as "black acid"
- What are "wine diamonds"?
Wine diamonds are crystals of potassium bitartrate deposited in wine
that is subjected to sudden cold. They do not affect the wine.
- What region of New Zealand does Cloudy Bay come from?
- Is Recioto della Valpolicella:
- a sweet sparkling wine
- a light-bodied dry red
- a full-bodied sweet red
- an off-dry rosé
- What French wine is made by carbonic maceration (whole cluster fermentation
- Calvados is a distillation of:
- grape skins
- What are the grape varieties used in Château d'Yquem?
Yquem is made from Semillon and Sauvignon Blanc
- Which of the following grapes is a hybrid and not vitis vinifera:
- Petit Verdot