Wine Quiz #4 (October 5, 2004)
Here's the fourth in my monthly series of quizzes to test your wine knowledge.
Look for the answers next week!
- Which of the following was not designated as a First Growth wine in
the 1855 Classification of Médoc and Graves château wines?
- Haut Brion
- What is chaptalisation?
- What is the length of the longest cork used to close a wine bottle?
- 45 mm
- 50 mm
- 55 mm
- 60 mm
- How many bottles are contained in a Balthazar of champagne?
- What are the five preferred grapes used in the production of vintage
- What does the term "Hock" mean?
- How would you use a "thief" in the wine cellar?
- Name the town across the Douro River from Oporto where the port lodges
can be found.
- Apart from Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc, what other
grapes are used in red Bordeaux?
- Who was voted Ontario's Winemaker of the Year at the 2004 Ontario